Achieve increased connectivity between your SQL Server and Delphi / C++ Builder platforms with this driver that offers high performance data-access layers.
- dbExpress driver for SQL Server
- License :Trial
- OS:Windows All
dbExpress driver for SQL Server Description
When users are working with SQL Server databases and they require to link the databases with their Delphi or C++ programming environments, they might seek a solution for achieving a connection. dbExpress driver for SQL Server was created in order to provide people with an efficient way of accessing SQL Server databases from their programming platforms.
The driver works by implementing the features of the dbExpress interface, which contains an independent library that processes queries and offers storage procedures. Access to the SQL Server is provided through Microsoft’s OLE DB technologies.
Enabling users enhanced connectivity for their SQL Server with the Delphi and C++ platforms, the driver uses a lightweight and efficient connection protocol that offers increased performance.
Since all the applications that are developed using this driver do not require additional data provider layers such as ODBC or BDE, they will be more efficient than the ones relying on standard Delphi connectivity. As with other software packages offered by this developer, the connectivity is offered both through the OLE database but also through the SQL native client.
Users will be able to implement this driver in some of the following IDEs: Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder and even FireMonkey (that will allow them to design high-performance applications). One important aspect that users must consider when deploying this driver is the fact that they will need to have the OLE DB installed on their machines.
- SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 7 and MSDE. Driver requires OLE DB installed on workstation.
- RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin, RAD Studio 10 Seattle, RAD Studio XE8, RAD Studio XE7, RAD Studio XE6, RAD Studio XE5, RAD Studio XE4, RAD Studio XE3, RAD Studio XE2, RAD Studio XE, RAD Studio 2010, RAD Studio 2009, RAD Studio 2007.
- Turbo Delphi, Delphi 2006, Delphi 7, Delphi 6 and C++Builder 6.
- At least 1.2 MB of free disk space.
Limitations in the unregistered version
- 30 days trial period.