Access your PostrgeSQL database from Delphi or C++ Builder programming environments by using this driver that provides increased connectivity options.
- dbExpress driver for PostgreSQL
- License :Trial
- OS:Windows All
dbExpress driver for PostgreSQL Description
Those who develop applications in the Delphi or C++ Builder platforms, might at some point, require to establish a connection with a database such as PostgreSQL. A solution could be offered by dbExpress driver for PostgreSQL, which was created in order to offer database access. Using it, people will benefit from increased access to the PostgreSQL databases, from their programming environments.
Presenting an enhanced connectivity solution, the driver is deployed as an independent library that uses a common interface for storage procedures and queries. In order to increase the efficiency of the database access, it achieves the connectivity without using the server client.
Supporting both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms, the driver will enable users to enhance their database access to some of the following IDEs: RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder as well as FireMonkey.
The connection protocol is offered in a streamlined form, that offers increased performance through its compact data-access layers. One will be able to connect to the database directly via a TCP/IP protocol, therefore avoiding the necessity of a PostrgreSQL client.
All the applications that will be based on the implementation of this driver in the database will not require any additional provider layers. Removing the need for layer such as BDE or ODBC, the developer has managed to offer greater access speeds than the ones provided by a standard Delphi connection.
- PostgreSQL 7.1 or later (does not require PostgreSQL client to be installed on the client side).
- RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin, RAD Studio 10 Seattle, RAD Studio XE8, RAD Studio XE7, RAD Studio XE6, RAD Studio XE5, RAD Studio XE4, RAD Studio XE3, RAD Studio XE2, RAD Studio XE, RAD Studio 2010, RAD Studio 2009, RAD Studio 2007.
- Turbo Delphi, Turbo Delphi for .NET, Turbo C++, Delphi 2006, Delphi 2005, Delphi 7, Delphi 6, and C++Builder 6.
- At least 1.1 MB of free disk space.
Limitations in the unregistered version
- 30 days trial period.